The ALIA PD scheme provides a practical framework for supporting your continuous professional development and provides the pathway to professional revalidation and eligibility for ALIA Certified Professional membership.
The scheme supports you as an autonomous professional Associate or Library Technician member to identify the ongoing learning that suits your own particular professional practice. The ALIA core knowledge, skills and attributes statement provides the foundation for identifying your continuous professional development. We’ve developed the ALIA Career Development Kit and Skills Audit to help you plan your PD. The scheme uses a simple points system. A Summary of Activities listing provides guidelines for allocating PD points. ALIA’s MyPD provides an online tracking tool for your PD.
The Four Requirements of the ALIA PD Scheme
1. Current personal Professional membership (Associate or Library Technician category)
2. Undertake PD activities to accrue points
- a minimum of 30 PD points annually from 1 July to 30 June
- a minimum of 120 PD points each triennium (3 years)
3. Recording and reflecting on your learning activities. You choose your preferred recording method:
- MyPD – the ALIA recording and reflection tracking tool,
(you will need to log into MyPD though this website- if you have a blank screen refresh the page and your connection to MyPD should activate), or
- Your workplace PD recording system, or
- An e-portfolio, or
- ALIA PD Record and Reflection sheets (not necessary if using the MyPD tracking tool)
Are you involved in the ALIA PD scheme or something similar? Have you undertaken any professional development in the last few years? Go to Yammer to discuss #coblspd.